Weekend Sale Special Limited Time 65% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: get65

CIMA Updated F3 Exam Questions and Answers by nansi

Page: 9 / 32

CIMA F3 Exam Overview :

Exam Name: Financial Strategy
Exam Code: F3 Dumps
Vendor: CIMA Certification: CIMA Strategic level
Questions: 435 Q&A's Shared By: nansi
Question 36

Company A is located in Country A, where the currency is the A$.

It is listed on the local stock market which was set up 10 years ago.

It plans a takeover of Company B, which is located in Country B where the currency is the B$, and where the stock market has been operating for over 100 years.

Company A is considering how to finance the acquisition, and how the shareholders of Company B might respond to a share exchange or cash (paid in B$).

Which of the following is likely to explain why the shareholders of Company B would prefer a share exchange as opposed to a cash offer?

Options:

A.

It would allow them to realise their investment and make a capital gain.

B.

It would avoid them being exposed to foreign currency risk.

C.

They would receive shares in a market that is likely to be more efficient.

D.

It would enable them to benefit from the future performance of the combined entity.

Discussion
Norah
Cramkey is highly recommended.
Zayan (not set)
Definitely. If you're looking for a reliable and effective study resource, look no further than Cramkey Dumps. They're simply wonderful!
Faye
Yayyyy. I passed my exam. I think all students give these dumps a try.
Emmeline (not set)
Definitely! I have no doubt new students will find them to be just as helpful as I did.
Aryan
Absolutely rocked! They are an excellent investment for anyone who wants to pass the exam on the first try. They save you time and effort by providing a comprehensive overview of the exam content, and they give you a competitive edge by giving you access to the latest information. So, I definitely recommend them to new students.
Jessie (not set)
did you use PDF or Engine? Which one is most useful?
Everleigh
I must say that they are updated regularly to reflect the latest exam content, so you can be sure that you are getting the most accurate information. Plus, they are easy to use and understand, so even new students can benefit from them.
Huxley (not set)
That's great to know. So, you think new students should buy these dumps?
Question 37

The two founding directors of an unlisted geared company want to establish its value as they are intending to approach a venture capitalist for additional funding.

The funding will be used to invest in a major new project which has very high growth potential. The directors intend to sell 10% of the company to the venture capitalist They have prepared the following current valuation of the company using the divided valuation model:

Questions 37

The following information is relevant.

• $60,000 is the most recent dividend paid.

• 4% is the average dividend growth over the last few years.

• 10% is an estimate of the company's cost of equity using the CAPM model with the industry average asset beta

Which THREE of the following are weaknesses of the valuation method used in these circumstances?

Options:

A.

The industry average asset beta is not an appropriate beta to use in CAPM in this case.

B.

The company is unlikely to achieve constant growth in dividends year-on-year.

C.

Future dividend growth is unlikely to reflect historical dividend growth.

D.

It is not an appropriate valuation method for a small, 10% equity stake

E.

CAPM cannot be used to estimate the cost of equity of an unlisted company.

Discussion
Question 38

A company has a 4% corporate bond in issue on which there are two loan covenants.

• Interest cover must not fall below 4 times

• Retained earnings for the year must not fall below S5 00 million

The Company has 100 million shares in issue. The most recent dividend per share was $0 10 The Company intends increasing dividends by 8% next year.

Financial projections tor next year are as follows:

Questions 38

Advise the Board of Directors which of the following will be the status of compliance with the loan covenants next year?

Options:

A.

The company will be in breach of the covenant in respect of interest cover only.

B.

The company will breach the covenant in respect of retained earnings only.

C.

The company will be in compliance with both covenants.

D.

The company will be in breach of both covenants

Discussion
Question 39

A company is financed as follows:

• 400 million $1 shares quoted at $3.00 each.

• $800 million 5% bonds quoted at par.

The company plans to raise $200 million long term debt to finance a project with a net present value of $100 million.

The bank that is providing the debt is insisting on a maximum gearing level covenant.  

Gearing will be based on market values and calculated as debt/(debt + equity).

What is the lowest figure for the gearing covenant that the bank could impose without the company breaching the agreement?

Options:

A.

43%

B.

44%

C.

45%

D.

46%

Discussion
Page: 9 / 32
Title