Weekend Sale Special Limited Time 65% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: get65

CIMA Updated F3 Exam Questions and Answers by giovanni

Page: 20 / 32

CIMA F3 Exam Overview :

Exam Name: Financial Strategy
Exam Code: F3 Dumps
Vendor: CIMA Certification: CIMA Strategic level
Questions: 435 Q&A's Shared By: giovanni
Question 80

A large, quoted company that is all-equity financed is planning to acquire a smaller unquoted company that is also all-equity financed.

The acquiring company's directors are using the dividend valuation model to value the target company before making an offer.

Relevant data for the target company:

• Dividends paid in the last financial year           $2 million

• Book value of net assets                                     $15 million

• Shares in issue                                                     1 million

The acquiring company's cost of capital is 10%.

Its directors believe they can improve the target company's performance in the long term.

They estimate there will be no growth in the first year of the acquisition but from year 2 onwards there will be a 4% growth each year in perpetuity.

What is the maximum price the acquiring company should offer for each of the shares in the target company? 

Options:

A.

$33.33

B.

$34.67

C.

$32.78

D.

$15.00

Discussion
Fatima
Hey I passed my exam. The world needs to know about it. I have never seen real exam questions on any other exam preparation resource like I saw on Cramkey Dumps.
Niamh (not set)
That's true. Cramkey Dumps are simply the best when it comes to preparing for the certification exam. They have all the key information you need and the questions are very similar to what you'll see on the actual exam.
Addison
Want to tell everybody through this platform that I passed my exam with excellent score. All credit goes to Cramkey Exam Dumps.
Libby (not set)
That's good to know. I might check it out for my next IT certification exam. Thanks for the info.
Ilyas
Definitely. I felt much more confident and prepared because of the Cramkey Dumps. I was able to answer most of the questions with ease and I think that helped me to score well on the exam.
Saoirse (not set)
That's amazing. I'm glad you found something that worked for you. Maybe I should try them out for my next exam.
Cecilia
Yes, I passed my certification exam using Cramkey Dumps.
Helena (not set)
Great. Yes they are really effective
Question 81

Company S is planning to acquire Company T.

The shareholders in Company T will receive new shares in Company S in an all-share consideration.

Relevant information:

Questions 81

The shareholders in Company T want sufficient shares to receive a 25% premium on the pre-acquisition value of their shares, based on the pre-acquisition share price.

Which of the following share-for-share offers will achieve the desired result?

Options:

A.

2 shares in Company S for 1 share in Company T

B.

1 share in Company S for 1 share in Company T

C.

1 share in Company S for 2 shares in Company T

D.

10 shares in Company S for 4 shares in Company T

Discussion
Question 82

A manufacturing company is based in Country L whose currency is the L$.

One of the company's products is exported to Country M, a rapidly growing economy, whose currency is the M$.

In the most recent financial year:

• 100,000 units of the product were sold to customers in country M

• The unit selling price was M$12

The spot rate today is L$1 = M$5 

The company has an objective of growth in total sales value in L$ of 10% a year. 

If the L$ strengthens by 5% next year against the M$, what volume of sales of this product is needed next year to achieve the objective?

Options:

A.

115,500 units

B.

104,500 units

C.

105,000 units

D.

110,000 units

Discussion
Question 83

The Board of Directors of a small listed company engaged in exploration are currently considering the future dividend policy of the company. Exploration is considered a high-risk business and consequently the company has a low level of debt finance.

Forecasts indicate a period of profit fluctuation in the next few years as the company is planning to embark on a major capital investment project. Debt finance is unlikely to be available due to the project's high business risk.

Which THREE of the following are practical considerations when determining the company's dividend/retention policy? 

Options:

A.

The timing and size of the cash flow requirements for the new investment.

B.

The fluctuating nature of the projected future profits.

C.

The legislation and regulation governing distributable profits.

D.

The dividend policies of mature listed multinational companies in the exploration industry. 

E.

The general level of interest rates and the tax savings on interest costs relating to debt finance.

Discussion
Page: 20 / 32
Title
Questions
Posted

F3
PDF

$69.65  $199

F3 Testing Engine

$78.75  $225

F3 PDF + Testing Engine

$87.15  $249