Labour Day Special Limited Time 65% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: get65

CIMA Updated P3 Exam Questions and Answers by jett

Page: 11 / 12

CIMA P3 Exam Overview :

Exam Name: Risk Management
Exam Code: P3 Dumps
Vendor: CIMA Certification: CIMA Strategic level
Questions: 339 Q&A's Shared By: jett
Question 44

Which of the following statements best explains why a corporate treasury department should be established as a cost centre rather than a profit centre?

Options:

A.

The Treasury Department should not be encouraged to speculate.

B.

The Treasurer should not have a great deal of responsibility.

C.

There is no way for the Treasury Department to generate revenue.

D.

The Treasurer has the ability to manipulate the Department's reported profit.

Discussion
Question 45

The management of U is reviewing internal controls throughout the company. It has noted the following:-

1. In the trade receivables section, journal adjustments are made by the clerks, without any reference to their supervisor. Journal adjustments may relate to sales returns, discounts allowed, or transfers between accounts.

2. In the purchasing department, the purchasing manager selects and approves all suppliers, as they are the only person with sufficient experience to do so. They use a very limited number of suppliers because they can rely on these suppliers to provide goods of the quality required at a competitive price. They do not keep any documents in relation to negotiations with other potential suppliers or other quotes obtained.

In relation to the above, which of the following statements are valid?

Options:

A.

The fact that the purchasing manager uses a very small number of suppliers is, in itself, a sign of poor internal controls.

B.

It is acceptable for clerks in the trade receivables section to make journal adjustments without authorisation provided the amounts involved are not material to U's financial statements.

C.

It is acceptable for clerks in the trade receivable section to make journal adjustments without authorisation, provided they have no access to cash receipts.

D.

The fact that the purchasing manager does not keep documentation relating to negotiations with suppliers, or potential suppliers, is evidence that they are involved in fraudulent activity.

E.

Clerks making journal adjustments without reference to their supervisor is evidence of inadequate separation of duties.

F.

The way the role of purchasing manager is carried out in U increases the chance that the company will fall victim to fraudulent activity.

Discussion
Question 46

M is a multinational IT company with headquarters in Asia and with operations in all continents.

It is now trying to expand its operations in Europe. This is seen as a major challenge as the European market is very well developed with established players in fierce competition against each other.

As well as developing and producing its own products, it sources products across Asia, America and Europe as part of infrastructure deals which have to include as much of its own equipment as possible. In doing this, transfer prices can be set in YEN, USD, EURO, GBP. Transfer prices are revised every month in line with production times as most goods are made on short order times with sales cycles running at 3-4 months.

The longer sales cycle against committed transfer pricing presents problems as customers expect quotes to be valid for 90 days whereas M's suppliers reserve the right to revise pricing at the end of every month with quotes only valid for 8 days in the following month.

How should M deal with this problem?

Options:

A.

Use a centralised treasury function to set up unilateral netting so that all trades can be balanced off against each other before any money is transferred.

B.

Offer a small discount for any customers who pay in M's home currency.

C.

Do nothing, everyone is in the same situation.

D.

Incentivise sales persons to be more accurate when forecasting prices.

Discussion
Question 47

Which THREE of the following form part of the role of Internal Audit?

Options:

A.

Working with operational management teams to help identify risks to the business.

B.

Working with operational management teams to devise new controls to help minimise risk to the business.

C.

Providing training to operational management on the identification of risk

D.

Implementing internal controls which address the key business risks identified by the risk management team

E.

Carrying out special investigations of risk.

F.

Monitoring the effectiveness of controls implemented by operational management

Discussion
Laila
They're such a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their exam results. I used these dumps and passed my exam!! Happy customer, always prefer. Yes, same questions as above I know you guys are perfect.
Keira (not set)
100% right….And they're so affordable too. It's amazing how much value you get for the price.
Nia
Why are these Dumps so important for students these days?
Mary (not set)
With the constantly changing technology and advancements in the industry, it's important for students to have access to accurate and valid study material. Cramkey Dumps provide just that. They are constantly updated to reflect the latest changes and ensure that the information is up-to-date.
Ayesha
They are study materials that are designed to help students prepare for exams and certification tests. They are basically a collection of questions and answers that are likely to appear on the test.
Ayden (not set)
That sounds interesting. Why are they useful? Planning this week, hopefully help me. Can you give me PDF if you have ?
Stefan
Thank you so much Cramkey I passed my exam today due to your highly up to date dumps.
Ocean (not set)
Agree….Cramkey Dumps are constantly updated based on changes in the exams. They also have a team of experts who regularly review the materials to ensure their accuracy and relevance. This way, you can be sure you're studying the most up-to-date information available.
Honey
I highly recommend it. They made a big difference for me and I'm sure they'll help you too. Just make sure to use them wisely and not solely rely on them. They should be used as a supplement to your regular studies.
Antoni (not set)
Good point. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
Page: 11 / 12

P3
PDF

$69.65  $199

P3 Testing Engine

$78.75  $225

P3 PDF + Testing Engine

$87.15  $249