Weekend Sale Special Limited Time 65% Discount Offer - Ends in 0d 00h 00m 00s - Coupon code: get65

AHIMA Updated CDIP Exam Questions and Answers by tate

Page: 8 / 10

AHIMA CDIP Exam Overview :

Exam Name: Certified Documentation Integrity Practitioner
Exam Code: CDIP Dumps
Vendor: AHIMA Certification: Documentation Integrity Practitioner (CDI)
Questions: 140 Q&A's Shared By: tate
Question 32

Review the following query to determine if it is compliant:

Dr. Jones, this patient had a sodium level of 126 on admission and was started on a 0.9% saline IV. Can you indicate what condition is being treated?

Dehydration

Hyponatremia

Hypernatremia

Chronic kidney disease (indicate stage)

Other (please specify)

Options:

A.

Yes, query is compliant as it offers the minimum number of multiple-choice answers ..

B.

No, query is noncompliant as it does not provide the option of "unable to determine".

C.

No, query is noncompliant as one of the multiple-choice options is clinically irrelevant.

D.

Yes, query is compliant as it provides clinical indicators and several options for response.

Discussion
Question 33

A hospital noticed a 30% denial rate in Medicare claims due to lack of clinical documentation, placing the hospital at risk of multiple Medicare violations. What step

should the clinical documentation integrity (CDI) manager take to help avoid future Medicare violations?

• Collaborate with physician advisor/champion and revenue cycle manager
  • Instruct the billing department to write off claims with insufficient documentation

Options:

A.

Assign pre-billing claim review duties to physicians

B.

Prevent submission of claims for improper documentation

Discussion
Ace
No problem! I highly recommend Cramkey Dumps to anyone looking to pass their certification exams. They will help you feel confident and prepared on exam day. Good luck!
Harris (not set)
That sounds amazing. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the recommendation!
Inaaya
Are these Dumps worth buying?
Fraser (not set)
Yes, of course, they are necessary to pass the exam. They give you an insight into the types of questions that could come up and help you prepare effectively.
Norah
Cramkey is highly recommended.
Zayan (not set)
Definitely. If you're looking for a reliable and effective study resource, look no further than Cramkey Dumps. They're simply wonderful!
Erik
Hey, I have passed my exam using Cramkey Dumps?
Freyja (not set)
Really, what are they? All come in your pool? Please give me more details, I am going to have access their subscription. Please brother, give me more details.
Everleigh
I must say that they are updated regularly to reflect the latest exam content, so you can be sure that you are getting the most accurate information. Plus, they are easy to use and understand, so even new students can benefit from them.
Huxley (not set)
That's great to know. So, you think new students should buy these dumps?
Question 34

A 56-year-old male patient complains of feeling fatigued, has nausea & vomiting, swelling in both legs. Patient has history of chronic kidney disease (CKD) stage III,

coronary artery disease (CAD) & hypertension (HTN). He is on Lisinopril. Vital signs: BP 160/80, P 84, R 20, T 100.OF. Labs: WBC 11.5 with 76% segs, GFR 45. CXR

showed slight left lower lobe haziness. Patient was admitted for acute kidney injury (AKI) with acute tubular necrosis (ATN). He was scheduled for hemodialysis the

next day. Two days after admission patient started coughing, fever of 101.8F, CXR showed left lower lobe infiltrate, possible pneumonia. Attending physician

documented that patient has pneumonia and ordered Rocephin IV. How should the clinical documentation integrity practitioner (CDIP) interact with the physician to

clarify whether or not the pneumonia is a hospital-acquired condition (HAC)?

Options:

A.

Dr. Adair, in your clinical opinion, do you think that the patient's acute kidney injury with ATN exacerbated the patient's pneumonia?

B.

No need to query the physician because even if the pneumonia is considered a HAC and cannot be used as an MCC, ATN is also an MCC.

C.

No need to interact with the physician because it is obvious the pneumonia developed after admission, therefore, not present on admission.

D.

Dr. Adair, please indicate if the patient's pneumonia was present on admission (POA) based on the initial chest x-ray?

Discussion
Question 35

While reviewing a chart, a clinical documentation integrity practitioner (CDIP) needs to access the general rules for the ICD-10-CM Includes Notes and Excludes Notes

1 and 2. Which coding reference should be used?

Options:

A.

Faye Brown's Coding Handbook

B.

AMA CPT Assistant

C.

ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting

D.

AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM

Discussion
Page: 8 / 10

CDIP